Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Changing Meds

Sorry for the extended break, but as you see from the title of this entry I've been changing meds - again.

The side-effects of my anti-depressives where really disrupting my life, but I'd been taking them so long that I'd actually forgotten what life was like without them. But that wasn't why I had to change.

They'd stopped working.

Anyone that has been hanging on in there with me over the years knows what that means. It ain't pretty.

To be honest it wasn't until I started weaning myself off the old pills that I realised how much I need anti-depressives. For the less well informed, its not feeling a bit down, its not having a difficult day, its not having trouble with the neighbours dog.

It is day after day of crying at the drop of a hat for no reason whatsoever without being able to control it.
It is a physical pain in the gut of fear, for no reason, without respite.
It is an inability to concentrate on even the words coming out of your mouth. Stringing words together to make a complete sentence is a nigh on impossibility.

However,
I'm on new pills now that are working and that means I'm out of the danger zone once again.

No comments: