Monday, November 30, 2009

World Aids Day




I'm sick of that fucking red ribbon already.

Add to the list Stichting Hiv Monitoring, Mr Director Professor Frank de Wolf, the Schorer and (almost) all of the rest of the 'Aids Machine'.

Well, that's got that off my chest.
For a while.

You see, that ribbon has nothing to do with me any more.
It has become a symbol of the 'Aids Machine'. An enormous machine that rolls forward with or without me. Its sole purpose to perpetuate its own existence, its sole aim in life to further itself, its 'raison d'etre' status/money/power.

Even in the Netherlands alone the cost of the 'Aids Machine' to the nation is horendously high - or at least we think it is because there is as yet no way to actually find out how much - and if someone did find a way he/she would probably be gently but firmly poldered away before it got out.
But the cost is not the problem as such, at least not to me. Lord knows a part of my very existence is dependent upon this money for medication etc.

My problem with the 'Aids Machine' is the amount of money that it produces ....

Not specifically the Pharmaceutical Companies. They are at least generally open and straightforward about their intentions, seeing no need to hide their profit and loss figures, relatively safe in their own high-powered multi-national world.

The 'Aids Machine' is a badly organised, dysfunctional, but extremely well oiled machine.

And no-one dares to say it.

Not even me.

No comments: