Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Red in Tooth and Claw



Although I had sworn to myself that I would not comment here on this subject, something has angered me once again ....
Old media from june of this year, tv clip from the gay channel in Amsterdam.
As we, the Poz & Proud group, experienced at the time, the same blatant unsubstantiated lies camouflaged as facts.

I don't want to play the games that are necessary to keep the Press happy, I've done that for so long in my professional life. The subject matter is too important in my opinion to have to be abused and manipulated in the way the Dutch Media 'needs' it to be.

Gay, hiv infected men deserve better than this victim/criminal pigeonhole that the Press and Politics wants us to fit into.

I won't waste time on defining these terms because too many trees have died doing that in the hope that with knowledge would come enlightenment.
Unfortunately it doesn't.
Ignorance is bliss.

Hiv, Aids, Gay, Healthcare, Infection, Epidemic ... they are all bigot buttons.
They all touch raw nerves in the general population, Chrislam warning sirens sound whenever they are used in the public terrein.

I plead for a vigorous re-claiming of our fundamental rights under all circumstances.

I demand that all Gay, Hiv infected men are given what they need.

I hope for a renewal within our community based on a healthy core of positive activity to end this negative passivity that so divides us and keeps us opiated.

Let us take the life we have and live it to the hilt, let us fight where necessary to re-claim what is rightfully ours ...

Freedom to live where we want to in the way we want to
Freedom to live in peace without the threat of violence and agression
Freedom to live without discrimination because of our sero status

I will take my life and live it
not as a lamb to the slaughter
but as a lion
red in tooth and claw

No comments: