Saturday, February 16, 2008

All about HIV, all about us



I received in the post a brochure with an invitation to a symposium.

It looks like a very expensive brochure, and a very expensive symposium even though it tells me it is free. Its in a very expensive location in a very expensive part of Holland too.

But it is from the Hiv Vereniging Nederland.

And its called 'All about HIV, all about us'.

But I'm a bit confused about the 'us' bit.

You see I've read the brochure from cover to cover and back again and I can't find 'me'.

There is no mention of 'Gay Men' in any of the readings or workshops planned for the day, and the actual word 'Gay' is only used once in the entire brochure.

So maybe you can understand my confusion as to why the Hiv Vereniging Nederland should send me a brochure and invitation to a symposium about everybody else with Hiv except me....

No comments: