Monday, August 3, 2009

Plus & Minus



For someone who is hyper-sensitive, prone to over-stimulation and
passive-empathic, I didn't do too bad over the last few weeks.

I've discovered that 'downers' like alcohol really do have an adverse
effect on me. As do large crowds of people.

I've unfortunately also re-discovered that one of the greatest taboo
subjects in the world is still mental illness. People generally are
either so frightened of it that they don't want to hear, or are so
intolerant that they dismiss it as 'drama queen' behaviour. Neither
helps.

I don't know the answer to this, if there is one, or if one is even
necessary.

If I'm mad as a hatter but only hurt myself because of that? Does that
make me a threat to society?

No, the feelings of hopelessness will destroy any joy or happiness in
your life and leave you as a burnt out shell of a human being....

.... and the world may never even know.


Sent from my iPhone

No comments: